Friday, March 27, 2015

About Me

Welcome to my blog "Life After Narcissistic Abuse."

I'd like to preface by saying I am not a mental health professional.  I am however, a student of narcissism. I grew up in a home with an abusive narcissistic mother who even after I had left had kept on abusing me emotionally and verbally from a distance.

In January of 2015, I was in shambles after a lifetime of abuse and began weekly therapy with a psychologist.  Through her help, many reading material resources, and online support groups, I have learned to stop blaming myself for the ways I was mistreated.  I finally have a name for what she was and have learned to dissect her psychosis and its effects on me.  I currently admin a private Facebook support group for Children of Narcissists, and spend each day learning as much as I can about these issues in an attempt to better myself, and to help others with experiences like mine to understand and heal.

1 comment:

  1. So relived to have found this page and your group hope to be added soon! I sent you an e-mail already. I am looking forward to learning and growing so that I can distance myself from my NM and the FM's and be better for my girls.

    ReplyDelete